What’s ‘Poetry WTF?!’ all about? (I mean, I could hazard a guess…;-)) Editor Maartens Lourens is quoted ‘Poetry is fantastic, but in recent years it has disappeared up its own arse… ’ Instead, he prescribes collaging work? Have I understood this right? And are you planning more? Is this a series?
In the first year of chapbook production for Sampson Low I took on the roles of editor, publisher and occasional illustrator. I couldn't keep up with demand and so, in the last six months, we’ve installed several editors who are each compiling their own series:
- Francesca Albini's (Dreamtime) publications are whimsical and fantastical;
- Maartens Lourens' (Poetry WTF?!) are edgy, contemporary and conceptual;
- Lucy Furlong's (Seethingography) and Seething chapbooks have a geographic twist;
- Kevin Acott's have travel and journeys at their heart;
- Robert Good is working on a series of chapbooks about collections;
- And finally (for now!) Debbie Chessell is currently publishing a series on the theme of Confronting Rape Culture.
I pick up the rest because I’m a magpie of an artist, working across many fields, from fine art to graphics, films to illustration and with occasional forays into performance and conceptual art. I think of publishing as an art form in itself and that’s why we support editors with vision like Maartens Lourens wherever he should choose to go next.